Thursday

Happy Thanksgiving

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone out there!  While I have much to be sad and missing this Thanksgiving I also am blessed.  I have an amazing husband whom has been my rock I have two beautiful children that are healthy and thriving and extended family and friends who check in on me often. 

Thanksgiving was my moms holiday to host.  She always put out an amazing table down with beautiful decorations.  She was an amazing cook nothing my mom made on Thanksgiving was questionable.  She always had something new to share and put love and thought into her menu always making sure everyone had their favorites not to mention her gravy was right from the turkey drippings.

I miss my mother everyday but days like today hold the most memories making them a little tougher than the rest.

Today instead of going to my parents home I will go to my cousins house.  The new normal will be a tough reminder that I will never have my mothers amazing cooking and see her smiling face again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment