It seems like everywhere I go or turn someone is ill with cancer or had died. About a month ago a first grader at my daughters school died from cancer and today I learned that a mother of twin boys in kindergarten had died. I find that even though I do not know this family my heart sinks. I have young children and the thought of leaving them is unbearable. I can't even imagine what this family is facing and especially since her death was right before Thanksgiving. I thought my holidays were tough I cant imagine having to explain the absence of a mother to a young child.
Where are the cures for Cancer? Where does all the money raised go if all these families are losing their battles?
On a daily basis I try and think about what I can do for the patients fighting their battles not the researchers. I cant sew so making blankets and hats is not an option, I cant paint or draw I cant play a guitar, what can I do? I try and think of what my mother would have needed or wanted during her battle.
If any readers have any ideas please share I am desperate to help the patients because at the moment I am tired with the medical side of treatment. The medical part of cancer may help get rid of the cancer but it does not help the patient, the person, the families. It does not help the families prepare for life or death it doesn't remember the patient when they have left our world, and it doesn't help the families left behind.
What can I do?...
No comments:
Post a Comment