Monday

One year ago

One year ago on November 25 I let my mother use the cancer card.  This is a card I never let my mother use because by using it she was admitting defeat she said herself she had expiration date.

On this day my son was born and my mother was there in the OR, she held Jaxson within minutes of his birth. The running joke was that the doctors helped her deliver him. I can remember her face when she saw what it was, girl or boy.  I could see the excitement in her eyes, I had seen that look before she couldn't wait to get her hands on him.

After Jaxson was born my mother removed the mask from her face and kissed my forehead.  In that moment my mother was a proud Nana for the third time.  On this day my mother looked healthy she had just gotten a blood transfusion so her skin was a beautiful pink.

As we celebrated Jaxson's 1st birthday last month I was reminded of that day and it was so emotional that she was not here to help us celebrate.  My mother lived life for her grandbabies I think everything she did in life she had her grandbabies in mind. 

Jaxson says Nana now and points out her pictures when he sees them and someday he will know how much she loved him...

No comments:

Post a Comment