Thursday

Physical and Mental Loss in One


Every year people make resolutions to lose weight, workout, and even go as far to join a gym.  Rarely people make resolutions to take more vacations, make a bucket list, or to make relationships stronger.  For me 2011 started off by not making a resolution but rather letting a resolution go.  I wanted to start off with a clean slate for myself I gave up on having another baby, was already off fertility drugs and was giving away my piles and buckets of bay clothes I had been holding onto.  At the end of 2008 on Christmas morning I lost the baby I so desperately wanted.  I had an ectopic pregnancy which not only took my baby but cost me my left tube. 

This particular death was so much more than a death but would be a couple of years of turmoil, and emotional strain.  This death was deeply personal it affected so much of my life for so long and I had to go through the same emotions anyone would have to go through when losing someone they love.  Even though I never met this baby and many would say it wasn’t a baby it was inside me and grew until it couldn’t and I loved it or the idea of what it would have been. 

For two years after the death of this baby I planned my life around doctor’s appointments and fertility drugs but finally in 2011 I was ready to live again no more schedules, temperatures and no more putting life on hold for what could be but rather living for what I had.  It was time to clean out the stuff and that was creating a mental block, and obsession.

While the loss was great and forever changed me it was the news that was to come that would change my life forever and left me lost and sad. 
[For the full fertility story go to my other blog http://myfertilityadventure.blogspot.com/]

No comments:

Post a Comment